Just when you think the Obama campaign can’t get any dirtier, it does.
This is breaking this morning. David Axelrod, Obama’s Rove hired a PR company to produce videos for YOUTUBE from so called “grassroots” groups. Everything about the so called grassroots campaign was phony including the comments. The video went up and was rapidly taken down when it was discovered by savvy white knights (my words) tracking the Obama campaign’s every move.
Obama Connected PR Firm Uploads, Publicizes Lying Anti-Palin Ad on YouTube, Then Pushes it Virally as “Grassroots” Effort; PR Exec Sockpuppets Praise Video for “Getting the Truth Out;” Company Employee Uploads it to Obama Smear Clearinghouse Daily Kos and Urges Readers to Send it Out to Ten People Each.
Reading further from The JAWA Report with a copy of the Palin smear video:
Our research suggests that a subdivision of one of the largest public relations firms in the world most likely started and promulgated rumors about Sarah Palin that were known to be false. These rumors were spread in a surreptitious manner to avoid exposure.
It is also likely that the PR firm was paid by outside sources to run the smear campaign. While not conclusive, evidence suggests a link to the Barack Obama campaign. Namely:
- Evidence suggests that a YouTube video with false claims about Palin was uploaded and promoted by members of a professional PR firm.
- The family that runs the PR firm has extensive ties to the Democratic Party, the netroots, and are staunch Obama supporters.
- Evidence suggests that the firm engaged in a concerted effort to distribute the video in such a way that it would appear to have gone viral on its own. Yet this effort took place on company time.
- Evidence suggests that these distribution efforts included actions by at least one employee of the firm who is unconnected with the family running the company.
- The voice-over artist used in this supposedly amateur video is a professional.
- This same voice-over artist has worked extensively with David Axelrod’s firm, which has a history of engaging in phony grassroots efforts, otherwise known as “astroturfing.”
WHO PRODUCED THE VIDEO?
[UPDATE: Within 1 hour of posting, “eswinner” has removed all videos from YouTube and began removing any traces of his activities. But we have the video and all relevant websites backed up. (emphasis mine)
If “eswinner” isn’t Ethan Winner of the Publicis Groupe, then why did “eswinner” yank the video so quickly? Or if this was just an innocent homemade ad, then what does he have to hide? You’d think he’d want more attention for it.
I uploaded it to my YouTube acount from the original unwatermarked Google version (see below for explanation) and that is the version you now see embedded below. Here’s an image that show’s he had the videos in question just moments ago. Click for bigger. I’ll be able to provide a backup of the original YouTube page in the morning. For now, this will have to do.]
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO POINT OUT THAT THIS MAN AND THE PEOPLE HE SURROUNDS HIMSELF WITH ARE NOT FIT TO LEAD THIS NATION!