If you missed parts one and two, here are the essentials. For those of you already on board, feel free to skip this first part and move to the next part.
The Obama campaign has been accused using strong arm tactics against its opponents for many months. Sadly, the details of the allegations are found almost exclusively on websites on the Internet. By contract, the MSM has been almost silent to these allegations having conducted little or no investigation.
In contrast, one need only to look at the coverage Sarah Palin has received to see how clearly the MSM supports Obama.
The situation has now reached a critical mass.
- As previously discussed in Part One, a CBS affiliate in Missouri, (Channel 4 TV News in St. Louis) reported that some Missouri sheriffs and prosecutors had formed a “TRUTH SQUAD” to target anyone who “they” felt had engaged in misleading ad or statements about Senator Obama, most especially that he was not a Muslim.
- Additionally, it was reported on numerous sites that Barack Obama’s presidential campaign has sent threatening letters to news agencies in Pennsylvania and Ohio to stop airing ads exposing his anti-gun record sponsored by the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund.
- The Obama campaign’s behavior was found to be so egregious, that on Saturday Gov. Matt Blunt issued a statement that pointing out the way in which Barack Obama had tried to intimidate his critics. saying in part:
“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.
New, to me, are further allegations that Obama’s campaign suppressed a free, honest, and open election that extended to Hillary’s Clinton and the caucuses held in Nevada. This is from The Husaria
Although Hillary Clinton is now encouraging her fellow Democrats to vote for Barack Obama, she (or at least her staff) had serious concerns about the manner in which his campaign was conducting itself in Nevada. Click on the link for the complaint that Hillary Clinton’s campaign filed against Barack Obama’s campaign for what sounds a lot like election fraud and voter intimidation.
I have never been as disheartened about this country as I am right now, but I am also angry. Anger without thoughtful action is wasted and we have precious few days before the election.
We have a presidential candidate that has sought to suppress free speech with the kind of intimidation tactics used in a police state . . . and the MSM remains silent! It a monstrous and scandalous breach of trust of the American people by a man that, if elected, must swear to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
What we have is a pattern of corruption and deception unparalleled in American history. This corruption must be exposed on a national level. Our job is to demand that the MSM take notice, and begin reporting responsibly.
We need to take action beginning today. Here are a few suggestions:
- You can forget hoping the MSM will change and bring some balance to the campaign on their own. They won’t. Corporations operate out of self interest and if enough angry people send emails, letters, etc demanding that they cover the story about the Obama Truth Squad they will be forced to act. One letter or email is the equivalent of what 100 other people are thinking but didn’t take the time to write or send. START SENDING EMAILS AND WRITING TODAY.
- I will be contacting ABC, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, the NY Times, and the Washington Post. The essence of my emails (since I have multiple email addresses) will be the OBAMA TRUTH SQUAD story must be covered and fairness restored to the balance of the campaign coverage.
- The MSM will only act if they have something to loose. Let’s give them something to loose. If you currently have a subscription to TIME, Newsweek, the NY Times, your local paper (that you feel has not been reporting in an even handed manner) CANCEL IT. WRITE ACROSS THE RENEWAL THE REASON FOR THE CANCELLATION OR SEND A NOTE WITH YOUR CANCELLATION. Were you thinking of going to Disneyland (ABC’s owner)? Write and cancel the trip.
I’m also going to contact the FCC and question whether the lop sided political coverage of Obama has crossed the line into outright advocacy and is a violation of FCC rules. Glimpsing Janet Jackson’s breast for a nanosecond was obscene? The “news” coverage of Obama is obscene! The MSM has abdicated their duty to present the news. Instead the MSM has fed the public a steady and constant stream of opinion slanted to the benefit of one political (their) candidate.
I don’t know if the guilty networks’ behavior fits under an FCC violation, but if the FCC gets enough angry letters, they will have to react in some fashion.
Please do the same. Contact the FCC. Contact anyone who thinks the issues surrounding the survival of our Democracy are critical … ask them to take action. Send this “call to action” to any and all like-minded blogs, websites, and news outlets or we will all be singing our new national anthem. Take a listen.